Just when I thought I was done for the year, Kim pipes up and suggests I publish my top 10 for the year. So here goes….
- Cappadocia – mindblowing, spectacular, so different and the balloon ride was captivating. See https://lamischief.com/2015/10/16/cappadocia-apologies-in-advance-for-the-verbal-diorrhea/
2. Paragliding over Oludeniz – most fun we’ve had in a long time.
3. Lindos on Rhodes – beautiful bay underneath a stunning acropolis – a natural citadel which was fortified successively by the Greeks, the Romans, the Byzantines, the Knights of St John and the Ottomans. The town underneath the acropolis is brilliant with great little shops and ships captains’ houses that have been converted into restaurants and bars. See https://lamischief.com/2015/09/05/en-route-to-a-birthday-party-hope-we-get-an-invite/
4. Skopolos – enchanting Greek island with beautiful wooded bays and pebble beaches. Surprisingly bereft of Mamma Mia glitz, but the church from the film was a very impressive setting. And a great seafood platter for lunch that Dee hasn’t stopped talking about. See https://lamischief.com/2015/08/22/skiathos-mamma-mia-on-mondays-wednesdays-and-saturdays-anyone/
5. Santorini – visited for the third time and still as picture perfect as ever. Managed to visit a few different places this time – Ancient Thira was a find as was Gaia Winery right on the beach. See https://lamischief.com/2015/08/25/santorini-still-stunning-the-third-time-around/
6. Little Cyclades – sailed straight past these islands in previous years but this time we headed to the islands of Koufonissi, Iraklia, and Schinoussa. These islands are one of the best kept secrets with the chora at Koufonissi the highlight of the group. See https://lamischief.com/2015/08/28/touring-the-little-cyclades-with-the-uncanins/
7. Kasterlorizo – party time with 50 other Aussies – what more can I say. Thanks Greg. See https://lamischief.com/2015/09/05/en-route-to-a-birthday-party-hope-we-get-an-invite/
8. Side – Mustafa looked after us superbly as we waited out a nasty storm in an ancient harbour – wandering through great Roman ruins that were right on the waterfront. See https://lamischief.com/2015/11/06/the-wind-arrives-followed-by-hugh/
9. Konya – The stunning Mevlana Museum – especially when lit up at night, the Whirling Dervishes, and the Lamb , the beautifully slow cooked tandoor kebab, so nice we had to visit again and pig out on 500g of Tandoor Lamb each.
10. The Beaches of Mikonos – super cool and super beautiful. See https://lamischief.com/2015/08/24/tour-de-party-islands/
Honorable mentions go to
- All those other places we saw on our Turkey road trip – see
- Kekova Roads and Kalekoy
- Ermoupoli in Syros
- Pythagorean on Samos
- The clear waters of iOS
- St Nicolas Island
- The bays around Gocek
- Kas and Smiley’s.
- Plus just about everywhere else we went – so many highlights – this is really an impossible task. I’m sure Dee and everyone who joined us will have a different list.
2 thoughts on “Steve’s Top 10 for This Year”
Looks like a really tough year Steve.
Lucy and I are on a road trip to Tasmania in our camper trailer trip for a kayak race amongst other things. Will be back in Perth in Feb- would be good to catch up then if you are around.
Regards Jamie Rankin
Just Got the Annual Report from WordPress on how La Mischief’s Blog went for 2015.
In 2015, there were 39 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 136 posts.
These are the posts that got the most views in 2015……
2 Skiathos – Mamma Mia on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays Anyone?
3 June 2015 – The Adventure Continues On
4 Our Home for Winter
5 Randy and Toma – The Adventure Begins
Interesting to see what you guys liked the most!